Table of Contents
Download US Patents & US Applications
World Patent Resources
Software search and download utilities
- FreePat UPDATE: FreePat is a free program for downloading a PDF version of most worldwide patents using the same technology that drives pat2pdf.org.
- The author of “FreePat” allowed his domain intelprop.ca to go dormant, which interfered with the functionality of “FreePat” since the program would check the website for updates. Functionality is partially restored now that the domain has been re-registered by a different patent attorney. Details are provided at the new owners web site.
- To run FreePat, you must have Ghostscript (another free program) installed on your computer. If you don't have Ghostscript, FreePat will direct you to a download website after you install the program.
- It is recommended (and may be necessary) that you add the following key 1) into your registry to prevent FreePat from checking for updates (which it will not find): HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\freePat\checkVersion=Off
- IP-Discover A commercial program that ties together four of the major free document providers, Espacenet, Depatisnet, WIPO, and USPTO. Use it to search for and download patents and applications.
For neophytes, go to Start/Run, type in “regedit” and navigate the tree to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\freepat, then on the right side, find the key labeled “checkVersion” and change the value to “Off”