Table of Contents
Patent Reform Act of 2007
Bills before Congress
Generally in Favor
- IEEE letter to Sen. Maj. Leader Harry Reid critical of the legislation as it stands
- BIO – not happy with bill.
- Phrma – “provisions in the new legislation may damage the patent system in ways that are important to innovative sectors of the U.S. economy.”
- Letter from Chief Judge Michel of the Federal Circuit – courts “ill equipped” to adjudicate damage apportionment under the bill.
- Coalition for 21st Century Patent Reform – “Patent Reform Should NOT Undermine the Patent System.”
- Innovation Alliance – “Proposed measures that would significantly weaken the foundation of our patent system raise concern.”
- AFLCIO Letter – “the bill would add a third step . . . potentially opening the door to serial patent challenges.”
- Patent Office Professional Association - “The Patent Reform Act will hurt, not help, the patent system.”